What happens at The Ark?
Praise God for His protection, guidance and for Psalm 91 which He has given us. Therefore we can live not fearfully, but with an immovable TRUST in the Almighty Living God. Thank you.
God has called us at The Ark, to reach out into the community in many different ways. These include:
- Family services held at The Ark Christian School each Sunday (starting at 11:00), with an active Sunday School for children of all ages
- Discipleship classes are usually held at different places and different times during the week. We have a way for you to keep up with these teachings, so please take a look at our Discipleship page if you are interested or contact the pastor
- Weekly Worship and Prayer meeting – Come and join our Wednesday worship and prayer meeting at The Ark Christian School every Wednesday, starting at 17:00 (Prayer for Israel – first Wednesday each month). The prayer meeting has been described as “the engine room of the church”
- House Groups meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Find out more on our House Group page
- Youth currently meet occasionally, on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday. For more information, speak to Pastor Andrew
- Audacious Youth club used to meet on Fridays 19:30 until 21:00 and hopes to restart when we are able in The LifeBoat
- Our young people were involved in a television programme about The Persecuted Church on Revelation TV in December 2019. You can see it here, and our youth are on it, with Nigel, at about 24 minutes into the video
- Events arranged for our youth include a lunch at Burger King, a Go-Karting afternoon, beach volleyball, tenpin bowling and trampolining, as well as an outing to the AquaPark
- Uniformed organisations will meet again during school term, with Cubs and Beavers on Thursdays 18:30 – 20:00 in The Ark Christian School and Scouts and Explorers on Fridays 19:30 – 21:00 in The Ark Christian School
- Art & Craft class has resumed from 7 September, meeting every Monday with Bonnie and Ann: 12:00 at The LifeBoat. There is a small charge and proceeds to go towards the Ark Foodbank
- A Bereavement Counselling Course is being organised for autumn 2021. Please speak to Linda G if you are interested
- Parent & Toddlers meet each Thursday at 11:00 in The LifeBoat (currently suspended)
We have other activities throughout the year, involving the community and to promote church fellowship and unity